Siemens VRD40 Double Valves
Compact VRD40… Biogas double-valve bodies consist of two safety shut-off valves in series. Each individual safety shut-off valve has double seats to achieve high flow. Patented seat construction with individual closing spring for each seat to assure reliable shut-off and high close-off pressure rating
For use with SKPxx.xxxU Electro-Hydraulic Actuators.
The normally closed VRDxx.xxxUx series of modular double-body gas valves combine with SKP… series electro-hydraulic actuators to provide safety shut-off, gas pressure regulation and/or air-gas ratio control for commercial or industrial gas burners.
- UL listed, FM approved, CSA certified, ISO 9001 and 14000 certified. CE approved versions available
- Suitable for biogases, process gases, natural gas and air
- Stainless steel mesh inlet filter protects the valve seats as well as downstream components
- ¼" NPT inlet and outlet pressure taps (see Table 2 for details)
- Dual stem guides ensure precise disc alignment and tight shut-off
- Strong sealing force, withstands up to 4 psi differential back pressure
- Valves connected with SKP... actuators open slowly and close rapidly
- Compact VRD40.xxxUx double-valve bodies consist of 2 safety shut-off valves in series
- Each individual safety shut-off valve has double seats to achieve high flow
- Patented seat construction with individual closing spring for each seat to assure reliable shut-off and high close-off pressure rating
- Full port vent line connection plates are available
There are Six available Valve sizes:
- 1-1/2" NPT Valve VRD40.040U
- 2" NPT Valve VRD40.050U
- 2-1/2" Flange Valve VRD40.065UF
- 3" Flange Valve VRD40.080UF
- 4" Flange Valve VRD40.100UF
- 6" Flange Valve VRD40.150UF
- AGA40.xxxxU Vent Connection Plate (variations available)
- AGA61 Manual Adjusting Throttle
- AGA66 Sealing Gasket
All VRD40.xxxUx valves can be combined with any SKPxx.xxxUx series actuator. The actuator can be mounted while the valve is installed and under pressure.
SKPxx.xxxUx regulating actuators are applicable for both low and high supply gas pressure applications, eliminating excessive regulator inventories. Maximum pressure ratings vary with valve size.
All VRD40.xxxUx valves perform these functions in combination with each of the following actuators:
SKP15.xxxUx Safety shut-off
SKP25.xxxUx Safety shut-off and constant pressure regulation or zero governor SKP55.xxxUx Safety shut-off, pressure regulation and differential pressure air-gas ratio control
SKP75.xxxUx Safety shut-off, pressure regulation and adjustable air/gas ratio control
Since more than one function can be performed by a single valve, fewer components and fittings are required, significantly reducing both the size and weight of the gas train. In addition, smaller diameter gas valves can be used. For details on valve sizing refer to the flow charts