Siemens SKP15 Gas Actuators
SKPx5.xxxUx electro-hydraulic actuators are used in combination with VGxxx.xxxU gas valves bodies to provide slow opening, fast closing safety shut-off and, depending on model gas pressure regulation and gas/air ratio control for industrial and commercial burner applications.
Since safety shut-off, constant pressure regulation or air/gas ratio control can be performed by a single valve, fewer gas train components and fittings are required to assemble a gas train. This significantly reduces both the size and weight of the gas train. The total pressure drop across the gas train arrangement is reduced, allowing for the use of smaller diameter gas trains in most applications.
The compact SKPx5.xxxUx actuator opens slowly when powered and closes immediately upon power interruption. The modular design allows the SKPx5.xxxUx to be used in combination with all VGxxx.xxxU gas valves bodies from ½" to 6" sizes. The actuator can easily be mounted on the square flange of any VGxxx.xxxU valve with four pre-mounted screws. No gaskets or seals are required when mounting the actuator. A visible position indicator on the front of the actuator displays the entire stroke of the valve. A light indicates when the actuator is powered.
SKP15 Gas Valve Actuator:
- Safety shut-off control
- Optional NEMA 4 protection
- Quick connect wiring terminals
- Visual position indicator
- Low 13.5 VA power consumption
- Optional Proof-of-Closure (POC) over-travel switch
- Optional auxiliary switch
- UL listed, FM approved, CSA certified, IRI approval, and ISO 9001 certified. European, Australian and Japanese approved versions available.
There are Five Available SKP15 models:
- SKP15.011U1 - 120 Vac with Proof of Closure Switch
- SKP15.011U2 - 230 Vac with Proof of Closure Switch
- SKP15.012U1 - 120 Vac with Proof of Closure Switch and Auxiliary Switch
- SKP15.012U1-PB - 120 Vac with Proof of Closure Switch and Manual Reset Push Button*
- SKP15.012U2 - 230 Vac with Proof of Closure Switch and Auxiliary Switch
- SKP15.013U1 - 120 Vac
*Manual Reset function added with push button assembled by Carremm Controls Ltd. On loss of power the Gas Valve will shut, the push button must be manually pressed for 2-3 seconds in order to re-energize and maintain power. Push button can then be released after 2-3 seconds.
Please allow an additional lead day for assembly and testing.