Siemens VGD40 Double Gas Valve
Compact VGD40… double-valve bodies consist of two safety shut-off valves in series. Each individual safety shut-off valve has double seats to achieve high flow. Patented seat construction with individual closing spring for each seat to assure reliable shut-off and high close-off pressure rating.
FOR USE WITH SKPxx.xxxU ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC ACTUATORS
THE NORMALLY CLOSED VGDXX.XXXU SERIES OF MODULAR DOUBLE-BODY GAS VALVES COMBINE WITH SKPXX.XXXU SERIES ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC ACTUATORS TO PROVIDE SAFETY SHUT-OFF, GAS PRESSURE REGULATION AND/OR AIR-GAS RATIO CONTROL FOR COMMERCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL GAS BURNERS.
All VGD40.xxxU valves can be combined with any SKPxx.xxxUx series actuator. The actuator can be mounted while the valve is installed and under pressure.
SKPxx.xxxUx regulating actuators are applicable for both low and high supply gas pressure applications, eliminating excessive regulator inventories. Maximum pressure ratings vary with valve size.
All VGD40.xxxU valves perform these functions in combination with each of the following actuators:
SKP15.xxxUx Safety shut-off
SKP25.xxxUx Safety shut-off and constant pressure regulation or zero governor SKP55.xxxUx Safety shut-off, pressure regulation and differential pressure air-gas ratio control
SKP75.xxxUx Safety shut-off, pressure regulation and adjustable air/gas ratio control
Since more than one function can be performed by a single valve, fewer components and fittings are required, significantly reducing both the size and weight of the gas train. In addition, smaller diameter gas valves can be used. For details on valve sizing refer to the flow charts
- UL listed, FM approved, CSA certified, IRI approvable, ISO 9001 and 14000 certified. CE, Australian approved versions available
- ¼“-inch NPT pressure taps on the inlet and outlet and between main valves (see Table 2 for details)
- Stainless steel mesh inlet filter protects the valve seat(s) as well as downstream components
- Dual stem guides ensure precise disc alignment and tight shut-off
- Valves in connection with SKPxx.xxxU actuators open slowly and close rapidly
- Compact VGD40.xxxU double-valve bodies consist of 2 safety shut-off valves in series
- Each individual safety shut-off valve has double seats to achieve high flow
- Patented seat construction with individual closing spring for each seat to assure reliable shut-off and high close-off pressure rating
- Full port vent line connection plates are available
- VGD40.065U - 2-1/2" NPT Valve
- VGD40.080U - 3" NPT Valve
- VGD40.100U - 4" Flanged Valve
- VGD40.150U - 6" Flanged Valve
- AGA40.xxxxU Vent Connection Plate (variations available)
- AGA61 Manual Adjusting Throttle
- AGA66 Sealing Gasket