Siemens VGD20 Double Gas Valve
Compact VGD20… double-valve bodies consist of two safety shut-off valves in series. The first (inlet) valve has a flat valve disc applicable for safety shut-off function only. The second (outlet) valve has a contoured valve disc for use with pressure regulating/safety shutoff actuators (SKP2…, SKP5…, SKP7…) or safety shutoff function only (SKP1…)
For use with SKPxx.xxxU electro-hydraulic actuators
The normally closed VGDxx.xxxU series of modular double-body gas valves combine with SKPxx.xxxU series electro-hydraulic actuators to provide safety shut-off, gas pressure regulation and/or air-gas ratio control for commercial or industrial gas burners.
All VGD20.xxxU valves can be combined with any SKPxx.xxxUx series actuator. The actuator can be mounted while the valve is installed and under pressure.
SKPxx.xxxUx regulating actuators are applicable for both low and high supply gas pressure applications, eliminating excessive regulator inventories. Maximum pressure ratings vary with valve size.
All VGD20.xxxU valves perform these functions in combination with each of the following actuators:
SKP15.xxxUx Safety shut-off
SKP25.xxxUx Safety shut-off and constant pressure regulation or zero governor SKP55.xxxUx Safety shut-off, pressure regulation and differential pressure air-gas ratio control
SKP75.xxxUx Safety shut-off, pressure regulation and adjustable air/gas ratio control
Since more than one function can be performed by a single valve, fewer components and fittings are required, significantly reducing both the size and weight of the gas train. In addition, smaller diameter gas valves can be used. For details on valve sizing refer to the flow charts
- UL listed, FM approved, CSA certified, IRI approvable, ISO 9001 and 14000 certified. CE, Australian approved versions available
- ¼“-inch NPT pressure taps on the inlet and outlet and between main valves (see Table 2 for details)
- Stainless steel mesh inlet filter protects the valve seat(s) as well as downstream components
- Dual stem guides ensure precise disc alignment and tight shut-off
- Valves in connection with SKPxx.xxxU actuators open slowly and close rapidly
- Compact VGD20.xxxU double-valve bodies consist of 2 safety shut-off valves in series. The first (inlet) valve has a flat valve disc applicable for safety shut-off function only. The second (outlet) valve has a contoured valve disc for use with pressure regulating actuators (SKP2x.xxxU, SKP5x.xxxU, SKP7x.xxxU)
- A 1-inch NPT vent connection between the valves
- Each VGD20.xxxU double-valve requires 2 threaded mounting flanges (AGFxx.xxU). Each flange includes the necessary installation hardware (bolts, nuts and O-ring). Each mounting flange has a ¼-inch NPT pressure tap. The flanges can be pre-mounted onto the pipe, and then bolted onto the VGD20.xxxU gas valve body. This feature eliminates the use of pipe unions and permits the gas valve assembly to be easily removed from a gas train
- Connecting pattern of the 1...2 inch AGFxx.xxU flanges are identical. This space permits any AGFxx.xxU flange to be mounted to any VGD20.xxxU valve body
- VGD20.253U - 1" Valve
- VGD20.323U - 1-1/4" Valve
- VGD20.403U - 1-1/2" Valve
- VGD20.503U - 2" Valve