Define Instruments Javelin Isolated Transmitter
Slim, loop powered signal conditioner that converts a 2-wire universal input to a 4-20mA output, UL listed
- Accepts mA, V, mV, RTD, TC & potentiometer inputs
- 2500VAC isolation between input & output
- -4 to 131°F (-20 to 55°C) operating temp
- 0.03% accuracy
- Eliminates crosstalk
- 10.5 to 36VDC power supply
- 35mm DIN rail mount, IP20 rated casing (0.5in wide)
- Requires a USB Bridge Key in order to program
- Designed to withstand harsh EMC environments
- UL listed, CE approved & 5-year guarantee
The Define Instruments Javelin isolated transmitter is primarily used for signal conditioning; it is capable of turning a variety of inputs into a 4-20mA output signal and transmitting to other instruments that only accept 4-20mA signals. Its inputs are flexible enough to suit a wide range of industries and applications. For example, converting temperature signals from RTDs and thermocouples so they can be processed by a programmable logic controller (PLC).
The signal conditioning feature can be used for basic conversion of standard voltage process signals or for more sophisticated applications, like translating a level signal using the built-in linearization table to produce a 4-20mA signal representing volume. This is particularly useful for scaling unusual tank shapes.
The simplest function of the Javelin is for applications that just need to isolate a 4-20mA signal to protect the inputs of PLC and SCADA systems from ground loops, transients, and the effects of EMC. The isolation between input and output has been tested to 2500VAC for 1 minute and meets UL safety standards.